[Fsf-friends] Please Help

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 28 05:49:44 IST 2004

Hi,

It depends on the way people look at it .
The Transition to GNU/Linux is gradual and cannot be achieved by
a team visiting each of these Organization's.
The way i think it would work is these Organizations putting a team which works with the local GLUG ( Do they have volunteers ).This way they can get their issues clarified.
But if you look at it the other way.IS everybody in these organizations   proficient in using computers ?
Are they still at the curve of learning ( Learning computers is a lifelong process).

So they need to be able to get GNU/Linux work for them in order to make them productive.

Starting on Windows and then transition them with the same set of applications should be an absolute NO.Let them identify people who are inclined to take the activity up in the organizations.Rest all will follow.

For the initial push.
1. Attend the latest GLUG meet in the nearest city.

my 2 cents

Kanti