[Fsf-friends] Patents amendment bill

Vijay Kumar Bagavath Singh vijaykumar@linuxmail.org
Sun Dec 26 09:28:25 IST 2004

>    We are concerned about this issue,AFAIK the cabinet
> has decided that they are yet undecided on this
> issue.We will fight out any Anti-freedom laws.But
> don't you think we should listen to what the legal
> experts have to say first.

A few more links to the documents of the TRIPS agreement(patents section) to aid our legal wing
http://www.wto.org/english/docs_e/legal_e/27-trips_04c_e.htm
http://www.wto.org/english/docs_e/legal_e/ursum_e.htm#nAgreement

A quick quote from article 27.1

Article 27
Patentable Subject Matter

1. Subject to the provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3, patents shall be available for any inventions, whether products or processes, in all fields of technology, provided that they are new, involve an inventive step and are capable of industrial application. ...

Vijay