[Fsf-friends] Indian Linux users cant see constitution in Hindi

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@lug-delhi.org
Wed Dec 1 14:35:26 IST 2004

[Apologies for cross posting. Please take care while replying]

Did you know that you can only see the official online version of the
constitution of India in our national language - Hindi, if you use
Internet Explorer? That is right. Take a look at the following link.

http://indiacode.nic.in/coiweb/welcome.html

I have been hunting down other GoI offenders and listing them at
http://www.lug-delhi.org/HallOfShame/Websites

Now dont go ahead and moan about difficulties of showing Indian
languages on the web.The PTI hindi website
(http://www.ptinews.com/bhasha/ptisite.nsf) shows that a standard based
alternative already exists.

We need more help from every body concerned to list the GoI and private
financial institution offenders who discriminate against users of
alternative and Free Operating systems from accessing information from
our very own government!

After all what is the point of evangelising Linux/BSD or whatever as an
alternative to newbies if they see that every other web site in India
openly discriminate against them?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip@puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

printk("NULL POINTER IDIOT\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_filter.c