[Fsf-friends] Freedom {X VS X} AND Rich User Experience

Tarun Gaur gaur_tarun@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:50:32 IST 2004

Dear Rishi,

"WE" here stands for FSF evanglists who value FREEDOM as much as you do. I
really wonder whether FREEDOM again means not trying to write good software.
What you call FREEDOM for yourself is the hard work of countless Open Source
guys towards a common goal - promoting Free software.

So you mean to say that if the software come for FREE I should not expect it
to be good. What a foundation "WE" (FSF evangalists) are laying down for
others to follow.

Let me remind you I am not talking about "you", the IT guy. I am talking
about the end user for whom computers is a tool to do his work. And trust me
he values "RICH USER EXPERIECE" more than getting a free software. IS THIS
WHAT YOU CALL FREEDOM?

FREEDOM for who? You or the MASSES? I repeat lets move from "PHILOSOPHICAL
MINORITY" to "MASS MAJORITY" and for masses your so called "SHALLOW" user
experience matters.

Windows market share is a testimony to this SHALLOW concept.

I remind you again ... i am not decrying linux .... of FSF. I am myself a
strong supporter and have followed linux from its nacence.

Anyways, its been great interacting with you .. no point in dragging this
any further, i dont think we are going anywhere with this. Lets agree to
disagree.

Regards,
tarun