[Fsf-friends] Re: PlayFair project

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Thu Apr 22 17:52:21 IST 2004

,----[ Raj Mathur <raju@linux-delhi.org> ]

|     Imran> Given significant funds, you could try hosting it in
|     Imran> Sealand, an offshore oil platform that declared itself an
|     Imran> independent country, runs high security web hosting and,
|     Imran> according to their website,
|
| There are two issues here -- one of hosting PlayFair and the other of
| Sarovar having to cease and desist from hosting PlayFair.
|
| I personally believe that the issue of hosting is not the crucial one.
| More critical is the question, can Apple be permitted to invoke a
| DMCA-like threat to suppress the publication of free (or any) software
| in India?  Are we (the free software community) going to sit back and
| watch as our rights are chiselled away?
|
| You can run but you can't hide.
`----
Thats exactly the point. There is no point in hiding. It only boosts
Apple's confidence and ends up in dirty games.

I am visiting India soon to launch this project. So far no body has
come forward with hosting service. I am even willing to pay for it
and I have my own hardware too.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>