[Fsf-friends] Re: PlayFair project

Imran William Smith imran@imran.info
Fri Apr 23 00:46:04 IST 2004

Given significant funds, you could try hosting it
in Sealand, an offshore oil platform that declared itself an
independent country, runs high security web hosting and,
according to their website,

'Sealand currently has no regulations regarding copyright, patents, libel,
restrictions on political speech, non-disclosure agreements, cryptography,
restrictions on maintaining customer records, tax or mandatory licensing,
DMCA, music sharing services, or other issues; *child pornography* is the
only content explicitly prohibited.'

http://www.sealandgov.com/
http://www.havenco.com/

The only trouble is that their cheapest hosting package is US$750 per month
with minimal bandwidth.  That's the price to pay for
'12" thick concrete walls, 24x7 armed security, and miles of empty sea
between
you and any threat.'

Ultimately I believe this will happen to everything - money moves to
'offshore' financial havens, internet content moves to 'offshore' internet
havens, cloning research will move to 'offshore' biotech havens...

Will Smith
Malaysia