[Fsf-friends] Re: Epistemology and Naming

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Thu Apr 22 17:29:05 IST 2004

Tarun Gaur wrote:

> My work primarily stems from trying to focus of abstract similarities
> and yet being able distinguish entities. Integrative pluralism is the
> key that, despite accepting the relativism of distinct place values,
> does so within a universalist framework.

In the Tarka Samgraha - the most common examples given are that of
cowness and jarness: what are the qualites that make a cow a cow, and a
jar a jar?   The fundamental concepts required for building full fledged
artificial intelligence systems are found in just this single work.
 Please do get a copy of Tarka Samgraha - it is available at the nearest
Ramakrishna Math Book store for Rs. 25/- only.

> My work on epistemology is limited to exploring the domain of binding
> entities togather and its relevance to IT.

Instead of exploring its relevance to IT generally you may try focusing
on AI specifically.

> Still, it was nice to read your mail the way you compiled it. Please
> write more on your work; it will be a great learning experience.

My project is .^. Calpp: Computer Aided Legal Procedures and
Proceedings.  The most fundamental problem that I faced was with naming
objects in the law, and my solution was to have just a simple heading
and key scheme, that is easily stored in database tables - and therefore
have the ability to store innumerable facts/data without any artificial
limit.  Calpp keeps count of headings and keys, and this way have
control of forms, procedures and proceedings. I have already written
index.inc and Index.php scripts that could index the atoms in the way we
want.  I won't be wrong if I say that Index.php is very close to a plane
like human consiousness. If interested do visit
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/calpp/projdisplay.php  .
A mailing list has also been started recently at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/mailman/listinfo/calpp-calpp-general
Arky here is along with me there.

Regards,
Ramanraj.