[Fsf-friends] Re: PlayFair project

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Wed Apr 21 12:12:36 IST 2004

Hi RMS,
,----[ Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> ]
| Whether PlayFair would be considered legal in the US is a hard
| question, given the details of what it does.  I think it is safer to
| host it outside the US, in countries where there is really no law like
| the DMCA.
|
| I am looking for help in the Brazilian government.
|
| If people interested in hosting the program want to talk with the
| PlayFair developers, can you serve as an intermediary?
`----

PlayFair author has already made me (Anand Babu) as official
project-maintainer and I am part of the development team. So I will be
the contact-person for this project.

People from FSF-India are actively exploring possibilities to help
PlayFair project, both in terms of hosting service and legal guidance.

Fighting DMCA is no easy task. We would like to get as much help as
possible.

Thanks
--
Anand Babu