[Fsf-friends] Giving subject titles that describe content

Senthil_OR@Dell.com Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Tue Apr 20 21:12:31 IST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From:  Ramanraj K
Subject: [Fsf-friends] Giving subject titles that describe content

Senthil_OR@Dell.comwrote:

>One request.While replying kindly keep the subject line
>intact so that people (like me, who sort the mails in threaded fashion
>using the Subject line) may keep track and enjoy the discussion. Your
>subject line ofcourse relates to your content, but It would be a good (

>list) practise I believe. What do you say?
>
>Please thread using message-id.  Gnus threads incoming mail correctly -

please try using it.  Anand Babu and RK Muthukrishnan have already
shared their .emacs and .gnus.el files here and it should help to get
started.
This way, the archive indexes at
http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/ are easier to refer in the
future.

Thanks for pointing me to that! Yeah, I see that Message Ids can be
used. ( Will be figuring it out with Outlook Express and Evolution)

But for the Mahesh. T.Pai's solution of using X-BeenThere header;it
points to fsf-friends@gnu.org.in to mails in the list. I doubt if it can
help in conversional track of the messages.
The Message ID for that matter has some <number>@<yourisp> and has some
logic of tracking. ( what logic?) If its simple leave it to me :), if it
interesting, why not share across?

Regards,
Senthil