[Fsf-friends] Re: [LIG] [OT] Sarovar, Fairplay, Apple

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Tue Apr 20 10:25:37 IST 2004

AB :

> 4)  What legal  implications  I will  face,  If I  contribute to  this
>     project while I am in the US?

If one  follows the  Slashdot discussions, it  becomes evident  that the
punishment that  the US  Govt. gives  if a US  citizen writes  free code
which violates the DMCA is 5 years in the clinker.

The first thing that might happen is that you will lose your job.  Later
on we may see in the  newspapers "An Indian programmer working in the US
arrested for writing code which violates the DMCA for helping remove the
DRM  restrictions on  an  Apple iPod.   May  face 5  years  in jail  and
punitive damages of US $1 million."

SourceForge  hosted by  VA  Linux owned  by  California Digital.  Kaput!

"Senior  professional who was  working for  CDC searching  for immediate
placement -- Contact Jaine, Bangalore 0XX-34533ELITE." ;-)

--
ragOO