[Fsf-friends] Document formats

Imran William Smith imran@imran.info
Mon Apr 19 02:14:33 IST 2004

However, increasingly Governments are beginning to mandate or at
least prefer that their own systems use open standards.
Indeed, I am currently involved in the development of an open source policy
for Malaysia which is also likely to recommend that open standards are
adopted.

Unfortunately, at the moment, Adobe PDF cannot be endorsed by such
initiatives as a standard to use.  Perhaps once this trend grows,
Adobe may open their standard properly, allowing not only community
viewing of the standards, but community participation in developing it.

Imran William Smith