[Fsf-friends] Events in technical festival

Sumit Suman sumit@iitg.ernet.in
Tue Apr 13 20:14:01 IST 2004

Hi,

I'm a third year computer science and engineering undergaduate at IIT
Guwahati. IITG has a number of students with tremendous interest in open
source softwares and development. In general there is a strong support
base for the cause. We also run among other things a mirror server for
Debian distributions.

IITG is celebrating the sixth edition of its national level technical
fetival - Techniche 2004 from 3rd to 5th September 2004.

We are willing to provide a major focus to open source in this festival.
The possibilities could be -

        1. An lecture by a very popular personality - like Alan Cox(is
           it possible to get him to India? if yes, how?)

        2. A workshop on open source for engineering students(IITG +
           colleges of North East, W. Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, etc).(Who all
           can conduct this and what can be the focus areas?)

        3. A contest for students for open source development.

It would be of immense help if you could offer your valuable suggestions.

Eagerly awaiting your response,

Sumit Suman