[Fsf-friends] Request::Share your source.list

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Mon Apr 5 14:30:17 IST 2004

,----
| On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 10:48, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
| > Rakesh Ambati said on Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 08:39:50AM -0700,:
| >
| >  > Can you please share your deb sources.list file.
| >
| > Better thing to do is to do a `netselect-apt testing', and use the
| > output.  I am sending mine off list though.
| >

| netselect-apt is part of which package? Any links?
`----
apt-spy is a better alternative to find fastest APT source.

# apt-get install apt-spy

netselect-apt it is less efficient than apt-spy in order to select the
fastest mirror, because its algorithm it considers the amount of jumps
and this it is not a good parameter to measure the speed of a mirror,
can happen that a mirror this closely together but also very
overloaded. The amount of jumps will be a value of importance if we
wished to overload the less possible Internet.

--
 _.|_
(_||_)