[Fsf-friends] Microsoft selling anti-Linux speech on CD

Soundara Rajan N.S searchlight@sancharnet.in
Mon Oct 27 05:18:10 IST 2003

Microsoft selling anti-Linux speech on CD

Volish partners to pay for brainwash?

By Fernando Cassia: Wednesday 22 October 2003, 13:30

"Public relations wizards concoct and spin the news, organize phony 'grass-roots' front groups, and conspire with lobbyists".
"Toxic Sludge is Good for You: lies, damn lies, and the Public Relations Industry".

IT IS NOT news that Microsoft would like to see the Linux airship go down in flames like the Hindenburg. In June 2001, the PR wizards at the Vole's Marketing Department created a document titled 'Partner Guide: Competing with Linux'. It was a training course for Microsoft partners who were obviously getting increasing competition from Linux.

That document was dissected and debunked at the time. But now some of our readers whispered to us that Microsoft is selling an updated -we guess- version of this marketing weapon of mass destruction, in the form of a CD-ROM disc to their "Business Partners" which is linked from the web page dedicated to the company's sales and marketing efforts.....

Read more at http://www.theInquirer.net/?article=12276