[Fsf-friends] Re: Can you pleaze help me ?

Biju G C bijumaillist@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 22:57:08 IST 2003

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me is it possible to  view
http://www.madhyamamonline.com/ in GNU/Linux
If so how?

I tried installing
http://www.madhyamamonline.com/font.zip

Their FAQ tell it is not possible to view in netscape.

If I know the "char-set encoding" used
I can http://www.madhyamamonline.com/
my mozilla extension to do auto switching

http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/quicktools/AutoCharacterCoding.xpi

--- nasir nasir <kollathodi(a)yahoo_com> wrote:

hi biju,
       Sorry if I am wrong to contact you for this.
But I came across your name while googling for a
malayalam font
issue.(http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2003-October/001214.html).
I was unable to view malayalam fonts in my GNU/Linux
and thanx to your hack, its working now. But I still
have a problem, even though I am able to view most of
the sites like www.manoramaonline.com, I am unable to
get www.madhyamamonline.com with this. I think they
use different character set. I have downloaded and
installed the font also. Still not working. Could you
please check and suggest me what to do ? I am not a
web designer and not familiar with these language
settings and all. So plesae ignore this mail if its
something trivial. Once again thanx for your great
work.
Regards,
Nasirudheen