[Fsf-friends] Some confusions on Indiaoptions.com

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@gmx.net
Fri Oct 17 09:04:33 IST 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:06:49PM +0530, CK Raju wrote:

>>>There are reports that Indiaoptions.com that has been quite regular
>>>in advertising on RHCE courses, are giving confusing remarks on GNU
>>>and other  related technologies. The  first case was  reported from
>>>the presentation held by the  Thrissur centre and now the Kozhikode
>>>centre also appears to have made similar remarks.

Could you point out a few of  them. I know the guy who organized those
programs.   Of-course,  Indiaoptions is  a  company  intended to  make
money, and  not for advocating  Free Software philosophies.   They are
now partners for providing RHCE certification.

But  if  any one  try  to spread  wrong  information,  that should  be
prevented, since it can create false ideas about this great movement.

>>>In a  fair game, as  a defender of proprietary  software, attacking
>>>the  Free Software  could  be OK,  but  when it  happens under  the
>>>pretext  of  offering  courses  and  conducting  seminars  on  Free
>>>Software, perhaps the strategy should be aptly called unethical.

What I heard is that those seminars where conducted as a part of their
advertising. There is nothing against Free Software. They want to make
money, thats all.

What else we can expect from  such institutes. IAC, most of the Indian
computer institutes do  more or less the same  thing. It's because the
faculty/management is less knowledgeable.

See this mail.

---------------- (Quoting from ILUG-Chennai) ---------------------

kannan manoharan [10/6/2003 8:19 PM] :

>Hi everyone
>i am kannan
>i am working in NIIT T.Nagar
>i want to install linux as server
>any one can help me by giving the steps
>steps wants to be in detail
>this is urgent so i can handle the class easily

One minute... you are going to TEACH a linux course at NIIT?

Well, why not?   The last NIIT "linux faculty" guy  that I saw posting
on linux-india-help asked "how do I compile a C program on linux?"

Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@frodo.hserus.net>

---------------- (Quoting from ILUG-Chennai) ---------------------

Regards
--