[Fsf-friends] Re: [LIG] FSF India goes proprietary

M.P.Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Wed May 28 20:25:34 IST 2003

Raj,
Please go back and read Raju Mathur's mail again
|Actually none of those documents has bee produced by FSF, India or   |
|other.  They are all contributed by individuals, on the invitation of|
|FSF-India to make appropriate posters, logos, etc.  I guess you could|
|carry advocacy/fanaticism to the point of not accepting any document |
|(which includes pdfs and graphics) that has been produced using      |
|proprietary tools, but it'd be a bit extreme IMO.                    |

They are individual contributors atleast willing to contribute in some
way to the free software movement. Images made with proprietary tools
must have got into www.gnu.org.in by mistake, mostly because the site
administrators didn't have time to check with pdfinfo and similar
tools. Those images will soon be replaced. Thanks for pointing them
out.

I will very much appreciate if you take the responsibility to approve
and certify images before they get uploaded to www.gnu.org.in. Are you
willing to contribute? We also need help in graphics designing, if you
good at GNU Gimp.

Thanks and Regards
ab
--