[Fsf-friends] Re: [LIG] FSF India goes proprietary

Arun M arun@gnu.org.in
Wed May 28 06:44:25 IST 2003

> Actually none of those documents has bee produced by FSF, India or
> other.  They are all contributed by individuals, on the invitation of
> FSF-India to make appropriate posters, logos, etc.  I guess you could
> carry advocacy/fanaticism to the point of not accepting any document
> (which includes pdfs and graphics) that has been produced using
> proprietary tools, but it'd be a bit extreme IMO.

I think i dont have anything more to add to what Raju said here.
(Also note that no one tried to hide the fact that they were made with
 non free tools)

Also some of them will be redone with the Free Software tools, by
orginal designer or others. One reason behind doing this is we need to
have the `source' in free formats so that people can modify it using
Free Software tools like Sodipodi.

Some other mistakes were also pointed out, I think they were corrected
already. Need to check. Also the pdfs and SVGs for the art work will be
posted soon.