[Fsf-friends] Project Shiksha: Microsoft widens presence

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
Thu May 15 17:47:28 IST 2003

> inculcating IT skills to over 80,000 teachers and 35 lakh students.
> Kerala for its obvious high literacy rate and Uttaranchal for the
> Seems that Kerala will become battleground again ;)
> M$ is not going to have a very good time here.

Arun,
Since the learning curve for teachers from M$ to Free side would be
relatively easy, this can also turn out to be a huge opportunity for
'Free Software interventions'. Especially when the Anti US Corporate
feeling is spreading like wildfire.

Seems M$ have overlooked on the 'integrity and sincerity' of teachers,
here, which is by far, the best in India.

CK Raju

PS : Arun, any comments on the Marthrubhumi article that I wrote a few days back ?