[Fsf-friends] Misuse of Knowledge

Raj Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:40:56 +0530

    >> I'd have been happier if you hadn't (a) sent an attachment, (b)
    >> sent an MS format file as an attachment and (c) talked about
    >> this stupid war in a free software channel.

    Raju> Any idea on the percentage of FSF forum that still uses MS
    Raju> platforms ? The 'inbox' of the incoming mails would tell the
    Raju> result. You and I don't, but is it the case with every one ?

Which doesn't mean that we encourage people to continue to use
proprietary platforms and file formats by propagating more documents
made using those products and saved in those formats.

Personally, if I /had/ to send a presentation to a list I'd either
send it in OpenOffice format (also deprecated) or convert it to HTML
(which powerpoint enables you to do), put it up on a web page and send
the URL (preferred).

    Raju> Yes, it was difficult agreeing to attach this here, but some
    Raju> of us needed to know some similar anomalies happening in
    Raju> other areas. You would also appreciate that the software
    Raju> industry as such cannot grow on itself, without a conducive
    Raju> environment. And when there is a visible war going on, let's
    Raju> have a few minutes of patience to know why and how
    Raju> 'injustice' prevails over common knowledge domain.

Oh, I must be in the wrong forum then.  I don't recollect signing up
for any mailing list that discusses injustice, war, hegemony,
capitalism, terrorism, communism or politics in the broader context.

If that is the objective of this list, then in the immortal words of
whoever it was, please include me out.

BTW, I'm as concerned as you, or more concerned, about the war in the
Middle East.  I'm just questioning the relevance of discussing it
here.  Come over next time you're in Delhi and we'll have a beer (you)
or soda (me) and discuss it to shreds :)

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/