[Fsf-friends] bandwidth throttling (fwd)

Manu J nist@ee.iitm.ernet.in
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:25:24 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
Can anyone help me out with bandwidth throttling using squid
i used  delay access,but it didn't quite work out

I'm using squid bcos bandwith throttling has to be done based on
url's.Only specific types os site access needs to be throttled.
there is an appropriate acl and delay_access
i have one delay pool of class 2 type and in delay parameters
is like this
delay_parameters 1 15000/15000 3000/3000
ideally this should allow individual users to access sites at 3KB/s
and total bandidth should'nt exceed 15KB/s.
when there is only one user this works fine but when three or more are
connected speed drops below 1KB/s.I checked it by accessing an internal
ftp server with normal transfer rates around 1 MB/s.So the problem lies
with squid.
Any idea as to how to sort this out??Or where can i get more help??

Thanks
Manu

--

353 Tapti