[Fsf-friends] FM Relaunch

Amol Hatwar rollacosta@phreaker.net
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:16:09 +0530

*chop*
> In the InBusiness section we must try to pump in confidence in the
> people that Free Software is not anti-business and that it provides a
> market where free and ethical competition exits.

There is enough confidence in businesses regarding Free Software already.
IMHO, Free Software has crossed the critical mass when it comes to
awareness.

But what's not well known is what do we mean by 'Free' and what FSF and the
people who toil behind such software stand for. That's exactly why the
magazine is named "Freedom Matters".

> We should also make a list of GNU products without which the GNU/Linux
> os wouldn't work like for example glibc, gcc etc.
> Doing this will help us to convince people that the os should be called
> GNU/Linux and not Linux.

Thats a good idea for a start. But what about doing something better at a
personal level. Why shouldn't all of us who beleive it must be GNU/Linux and
not Linux carry an email signature indicating this, and a link where one
could get more information for about a month.

This should be equivalent to wearing a badge in the net-era.

Thanks again,

-ah.