[Fsf-friends] Re:Request to RedHat

Kanti Jadia Kanti Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com
4 Mar 2003 13:23:03 -0000

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 Arko Provo Mukherjee wrote :
>On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 11:40, Kanti Jadia wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The primary source of the name [GNU/]Linux is the projects
>which
> > use them.And that includes us.
> >
> > So,in order to get the importance of GNU to the users i
>propose
> > the following actions.
> >
> > 1.Urge the developers to use GNU/Linux (in
> > websites/documentation/Code etc.).
> >
> > 2.Get involved and do a few corrections yourself.
> >
> > 3.If you work for a company,which uses [GNU/]Linux,get the
>word to
> > your marketing department.
> >
> > Further suggestions awaited.
> >
> > Can we come up with a comprehensive list.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Kanti
>
>Hello,
>I think that the first point is very important. We must urge
>developers
>to develop on the GNU/Linux platform.

Use GNU/Linux and not Linux

>One more point:
>Spread the FREE Software Philosophy to the people and tell people
>that
>GNU/Linux is not only an $ saving solution to software problems
>but also
>an OS that respects your freedom.
>Many people don't understand that.

A lot of people do understand and just ignore.
These are the people who gain the benefits of free software and
refuse to recognize its importance.

And for those who really are unaware(growing day by day),we must
come up with a concrete action.
That is why i proposed a comprehensive list of actions.

regards

Kanti