[Fsf-friends] Free software.. and software patents (on a CD)

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Fri Jun 27 14:53:25 IST 2003

--__--__--

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:23:13 +0530
From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@symonds.net>
To: ilugc <ilugc@aero.iitm.ernet.in>
Subject: [Ilugc] Free Software speeches on CD

I had the opportunity to  download all the speeches on 'free software'
and  'software patents'  from gnu.org.   I have  cut a  CD out  of it.
Unfortunately this collection does not contain RMS's speech at Chennai
(Madras Institute  of Technology) made  on March 13th,  2002.  However
its worth noting that most of the speeches carry the same message (the
only differences being  the humour that he adds  to various speeches).
Especially the ones titled 'Free  Software Movement' have little or no
differences.   For more information  on the  list of  speeches, please
visit:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html

The CD also bundles two of GnuPress published books:

1. Free Software, Free Society - http://www.gnu.org/doc/book13.html
2. Free as in Freedom - http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/

Also included  are the  web pages from  http://gnu.org/philosophy/ and
http://gnu.org/licenses/

Interested  people can borrow  the CD,  copy the  OGGs onto  your disk
AND/OR make a CD out of it.  All this upon the condition that my CD be
returned in a  day OR two.  (ideally, borrow on  a saturday and return
on sunday).

glitches: I should  have put the ogg vorbis  decoder (vorbis-tools and
ogg123), ogg vorbis plugin for xmms,  too in the CD. Maybe someone can
come up with  an upgraded version of the same  CD with windows interop
in mind, that would be fantastic!

On  another note,  I have  three empty  CD-Rs.  I  would be  very much
helped if someone can make three  gratis copies of the same for my own
personal circulation.

  -Suraj
--
| The chemise lace on the buxom breasts of this belle              |