[Fsf-friends] Links from the Gulf... an interesting story (long)

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Wed Jun 18 21:58:03 IST 2003

		Looks like Microsoft is doing its bit to
		promote Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS)
		in the more affluent parts of the globe, like the Gulf.
		Some background of an interesting case.
		Interesting, many of the key players in the Gulf
		FLOSS movement seem to be expat Indians, at least going
		by the active posters on this list. FN
		PS: As typical, the newspaper report has mixed up
		Free Software with "freeware".

>From Linux-middleeast@yahoogroups.com Wed Jun 18 21:50:07 2003

Phone :971-4-2728310 /Fax:971-4-2728320
http://www.uaelug.org
Moderator GSC Prabhakar James - Linux User Group -Founded 1999.

Message: 1