[Fsf-friends] OSS and free software

Sajith V K sajith_vk@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:50:36 +0000

  OSS may be the first free-software based bussiness moden in kerala. I
suggest a discussion on free-software bussiness model

           But being a bussiness firm don't free them from their duties. OSS
says they provides the source code to their customers, which I beleaves
meaning less.

1.  Why OSS is not ready to give the source code for public, when anybody
can get it from OSS's customers ?.(It only ensures that they get atleast one
customer !!!!!)

2. Why OSS beleve source should be opened? (Is it just because GPL says it?)

3. Now several persons says 'core softwares (OS,compilers etc) should be
free                 and the rest ........ How OSS view this?