[Fsf-friends] Re: [fsug-kochi-discuss] Re: {Arun M] Another world is possible

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@kumarayil.net
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:42:06 +0530

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 08:27:24AM +0530, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

>>>According to GNU  GPL section 3(b), you are  supposed to distribute
>>>the sourcecode to  any "third party" who requests  your code, since
>>>you said you are distributing it to customers.

I am afraid you are wrong here. GPL'd software need not be open to any
third party. ie, If I sell you  a GPL'd software I should give you the
source also  along with the  binary. But I  need not give  your friend
the source of same same software till he purchases it.

But of-course you can give the source to your friend. :-)

Regards
--
 .''`.     Dileep M. Kumar <dileep@kumarayil.net>
: :'  :    http://www.kumarayil.net