[Fsf-friends] Another world is possible

P. Sugathan sugathan@nsc.ernet.in
19 Jan 2003 16:33:29 +0530

Hello Anil,

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 14:36, Arun M wrote:

> OSS is saying it is distributing Free Software under GNU GPL. But was
> not made available to community at large. OSS releases code or not is
> secondary issue now. Choosing Free Software license or not, is their
> choice. But I am sad to say OSS taking an opportunistic position,
> talking of Freedom when it helps and ignoring other wise (I sincerely
> likes to see my statement wrong).

   Couple of weeks ago, OSS announced that the product "Sanghamitra" a
banking solution for Co-operative banks, are released under GPL and is
growing at the rate of 2-3 installations per month. Can anyone who uses
this package then tell us  what licensing terms are there ??.

  If such local products are available under GPL, then we should
highlight these achievements and give due recognition and  importance to
popularise such product. Then there is hope for alternative Keralam.

Regards,

Sugathan