[Fsf-friends] Another world is possible

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:17:12 -0500

Anil,
> Ther was very active discussion on Software under GPL and on Modernisation
> of Goverment Program (MGP) using IT. The meet has come to a conclusion that
> current IT policy and MGP are not on the correct track.  It is also decided
MGP in their latest policy recommendations have included a pilot project of
computerising a local body using free software.

My worry is that if the policy directive, now, gets to qualify with
recommendations from IKM (as the technical body of Local Self Government
Department), there can't be any hope, as there is already a Government Order
that came through IKM, allowing a pilot project on Free Software, back as Dec
2001, but where clauses forcefully inserted by IKM made the work impossible.

CK Raju