[Fsf-friends] [OFFTOPIC] NEWS: India's first computerised village council in Kerala (fwd)

P. Sugathan sugathan@nsc.ernet.in
15 Jan 2003 23:34:46 +0530

 On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 23:53, Frederick Noronha wrote:

> [...]
I quote a paragraph from page linking to keralaonline
 story at
.http://www.keralaonline.com/storydisplay.asp?folder=Tech&file=8_279.xml
 'kerala overlooking local efforts in favour of Windows?'
"The State Government may be overlooking indigenous Free Software-based
Malayalam desktop development initiatives, while going the whole hog for
Microsoft and its localised Windows XP."

..... "What has unnerved supporters of Free/ Swatantra Software is that
the Information Kerala Mission (IKM), which is leading the e-governance
initiatives in the State's local bodies, is pegging for Microsoft when
there is a cost-effective indigenously-developed solution available."

  Yes, If we follow IKM as our role model for e- governance, we are left
with e-poverty only.

The common man pay the tax, The Govt. pay that to Microsoft & Intel, and
at the click of a mouse our POOR man get the Tax bill and his DEATH
certificate...

   Great Grass root Administration!!!

> Staff at Vellanad has undergone two computer-training programmes, and a
> final one is scheduled to commence on January 20.

  By Intel and Microsoft.. right??

Sugathan