[Fsf-friends] Natl conf on 'Open Source software: a new direction for India?'

Sayamindu Dasgupta unmadindu@Softhome.net
22 Feb 2003 11:46:06 +0530

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 13:17, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> This event doesn't recognize the free software movement at all.  They
> didn't invite any free software speaker, nor did they use the term
> anywhere.  If the hackers of Bangalore are alert possibly a note could
> be distributed to the participants about the free software position.
> This kind of events are likely to grow more in number.  This I feel is
> a parasitic activity, feeding on free software movement without any
> acknolwedgement.  We should write release a press note on this.
>
> Nagarjuna

I agree here.
We are finding less and less reference to Free Software each day.
This is a very dangerous situation, as people tend to forget the
underlying passion that has sustained the movement - the passion for
Freedom.
Unless something is done fast, I see India going the Mexico way.
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [ http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/ ]

Speak out on social and cultural issues
		at
	PeacefulAction.Org
    http://www.peacefulaction.org

Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old
ones.