[Fsf-friends] Re: [Indic-computing-devel] Testing OpenType support

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:45:50 +0530

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:43:11AM +0530, Arun M wrote:

> > > Is it a Free Font ? Can i get it ?
> > >
> >   Free as in 'free beer' , available from
> > http://www.kavya-nandanam.com/Pothana2k-95.exe
>
> Any idea about Free as in 'freedom' Telugu OpenType font ? It would be
> nice if some one start working on converting Akruti Telugu font to
> OpenType. We should try to make one indian language OTF font. (Tamil,
> Malayalam and Bengla seems to be ready)

I got one font encoded into utf already,  adding rules is a work still
to be done.  Kiran of Hyderabad is coming to my office in this month
to do this.  he will complete the work in about a month.

Nagarjuna