[Fsf-friends] [Fwd: GNU/Linux in Schools]

Arun M arun@freedevelopers.net
17 Feb 2003 12:56:03 +0530

--=-RzgVOJlEPDzyr5d2hQBA

--=-RzgVOJlEPDzyr5d2hQBA

Date: 17 Feb 2003 04:44:07 -0000
From: "Sujeevan  Pullanhiotan" <sujeevan_p@rediffmail.com>
To: arun@freedevelopers.net
Cc: sujeevan_p@rediffmail.com
Subject: GNU/Linux in Schools

Hi to All,

      We are happy to announce that, LTSP based GNU/Linux system
have been successfully implemented in following Govt. High Schools
in Kanuur. This is the first successful attempt in bringing
GNU/Linux to schools in Kerala. We are providing basic GNU/Linux
plus OpenOffice training to groups of teachers and the initial
response of the school teachers found to be very encouraging for
free software.

List of Govt. Schools where LTSP is Implemented

     * Govt. High School, Chelora, Kanuur
     * Govt. High School, Munderi, Kanuur
     * Govt. High School, Valapatnam, Kanuur
     * Govt. High School, Chala, Kanuur
     * Govt. High School, Thottada, Kanuur
     * Technical Higher Secondary School, Thottada
     * Govt. High School, Chittariparamba
     * Govt. High School, Kuthuparamba
     * Govt. High School, Vengad
     * Govt. High School, Chavasseri
     * Govt. High School, Pinarayi
     * Govt. High School, Kottayam
     * Govt. High School, Manathana( in progress)
     * Govt. High School, Maaloor( in progress)
     * Govt. High School, Edakkad ( In progress)

  With Regards

  Sujeevan.P
  S2S2, Munderi, Kannur
  http://s2s2net.netfirms.com