[Fsf-friends] Free(dom) Software?

Krishna Pagadala krishnaact@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 21:46:44 IST 2003

Hi All,
  I am calling "free software" as "freedom software"
these days. This is to emphasize that we are talking
about freedoms, this way I am able to avoid the idiom
``free'' as in ``free speech,'' not as in ``free
beer.'', and I hope that the idiom will become
unnecessary.

  Does anybody have an opinion on this? Unless I hear
good reasons for why it should be otherwise, I will be
using "freedom software" when I try and explain free
software movement.

  Also in written communication, I am writing
"Free(dom)" instead of "Free", should I just be using
"Freedom". Please let me know.

  RMS, if you are reading this. Do you have any
opinion on this usage?

  This is particularly important for me, since I am
starting to give talks on Free Software Movement, (to
friends mostly, in Bay Area, California, USA). The
title of the next talk is
"Freedom, Development and Justice in the context of
Free(dom) Software Movement"

Thanks
Krishna