[Fsf-friends] In Goa (India), we meet by the beach.

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Fri Dec 26 15:42:57 IST 2003

GOA is one of the popularly-visited tourist destinations of India. Our
GNU/Linux users' group decided to shift this month's event (and possibly
future ones too) to a venue by our scenic coast. We meet-up at the canteen
of the  Kala Academy, an arts and performing centre just outside the
state-capital of Panjim.

Holidayers in this part of the globe are more than welcome!

ILUG-Goa, the GNU/Linux network, meets in Goa this Saturday, Dec 27, 4 pm.
In keeping with our plans for meeting at more scenic locales, we will be
meeting up at Campal this week. Someone suggested we meet up at a beach
shack -- who knows, we might. Our friendly LUG's motto is shifting to:
"You pay for what you eat and the tea; the beach and the technology come
free."

Talks for this week:

	LinuxBIOS project and a made-in-Goa Grub patch (by
	Yunus Shaikh and team, from Ponda)

	XFCE and why it appeals to me -- Prof Anil Seth,
	head of IT Department, PCC College, Verna.

	Mario Alvares -- Saraswati: one-mind. An information
	sharing system for schools in Goa, through connecting
	them via the Internet. A low-cost solution that
	enables member schools to share knowledges and
	resources with others.
	http://www.knowledgeinitiatives.org/saraswati

	Discussion (Animesh Nerurkar): plans for promoting
	GNULinux to Khandola, a local college.

Contact: mobile 0 9822 122436 (FN)

FN
--