[Fsf-friends] Indian Express

Arun M arun@gnu.org.in
Thu Dec 25 17:04:02 IST 2003

> Here there is no case of trademark infringement. The CDs which are labelled
> with redhat logo contains only redhat distributed packages. All the stuffs
> developed by CDIT is distributed in a CD with Akshaya logo. It does not
> contains any reference of redhat.
>
> Whatever CDIT has attempted is legally justified.

I saw a package which had RedHat logo and Akshya logo. Also i dont
remember seeing any paper which said warranty is not available with the
CDs. Any way as CDs were not yet distributed technically CDIT is in safe
position. IT Mission would have faced legal probs when they distribute
the CDs to Akshya Centers.

Myself and Sajith told IT Mission and a CDIT person involved in the
project abt possible issues. Response from the CDIT person was really
bad. Later some discussion happened between IT Mission, CDIT, RedHat
India etc.

BTW, the reporter of India Express seems to be anti-free software guy.
It is not the first time he is making a report which can hurt free
software movement.