[Fsf-friends] Ensuring quality and performance of free

fjsylvester fjsylvester@marketweighton.com
Wed Dec 24 12:45:40 IST 2003

hi friends

I mentioned of warranty because of concern for those life support
systems that could run on free software, because when I speak to people
about linux they are worried about security and safety of data and not
many of them can understand coding of the software , Mr .K.Ramanraj had
focused some points about the source code that is given with the free
software, I agree with his point that  if  we
ensure the code is written well without errors with good quality control
checks we can distribute free software with out warranty . I basically
am a computer technician , I have been using linux since 1996,  then
technology was very costly and now free software is available in plenty
and I very happy when I came to know about RMS and his Free software
movement I read his story on the gnu
website.

The Red hat  a proporietary software , It is a shocking news , It uses
the linux kernel  ? how could they make it proprietary  ?

regards
sylvester