[Fsf-friends] No warranty is the best warranty for free software

Annamalai Gurusami annamalai.gurusami@email.masconit.com
Wed Dec 24 14:47:34 IST 2003

Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@vsnl.com> writes:

> >> if MS product is not solving  their problem, I don't think anybody is
> >> going to buy
>
> There was this instance of M$ Power Point hiding/obfuscating serious
> problems in the NASA Space Shuttle foam-tile mishap!  Instead of solving
> and fixing serious problems, these M$ products have added up issues and
> created mishaps of the worst kind. :(

I am not an MS fan.  But this kind of arguments isn't really
meaningful at all.  There was a lapse, and it has got to be accepted
as such by whoever was responsible.  One cannot put the blame on a
presentation tool for the accident.

I still don't agree that anybody is forced to buy MS products.  One
might have been forced to pay up for using an illegally obtained copy
of MS product.

BTW, you don't have to slug slime at proprietary software to make free
software look better.  I always prefer positive advocacy.

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2003-12-20 14:17:08 annamalai.gurusami>

The World Social Forum is not an organisation, not a united front
platform, but "an open meeting place for reflective thinking,
democratic debate of ideas, formulation of proposals, free exchange of
experiences and inter-linking for effective action, by groups and
movements of civil society that are opposed to neo-liberalism and to
domination of the world by capital and any form of imperialism, and
are committed to building a society centred on the human person

                 http://www.wsfindia.org