[Fsf-friends] newindpress article

Senthil_OR@Dell.com Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Tue Dec 23 10:37:12 IST 2003

I went through the two links you provided.
and I did not find anything related to the story itself.

See, the news article states as:
...a fresh case of mass copying of the Linux-based Operating System of Red
Hat India by the Centre for Development of Imaging Technology (C-DIT) has
surfaced...

Now, the Fedora License says that:
This agreement governs the download, installation or use of the Software (as
defined below)
and any updates to the Software,**regardless of the delivery mechanism**.
The Software is a collective work under U.S. Copyright Law.
Subject to the following terms, Fedora Project grants to the user ("User")
a license to this collective work pursuant
to the ***GNU General Public License***.

The link you sent was like the copyright over the name 'Fedora'.
I will be sued by RH, if I write an OS and call it Fedora, use its logo.

I am free to distribute Fedora( from Redhat) to my friends.

Now, coming to the New Ind Press article again, it did not mention, if C-DIT
used RH9.0 ( or similar
consumer based OS or they used RH-EL).
Thus, it gave a wrong picture of the general public.

Thanks,
Senthil