[Fsf-friends] No warranty

Annamalai Gurusami annamalai.gurusami@email.masconit.com
Tue Dec 23 17:11:06 IST 2003

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi <chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@t-mobile.co.uk> writes:

> This is what I find surprising about commercial software. All
> hardware comes with a warranty which covers manufacturing defects
> for a certain period of time. And invariably a replacement is
> offered if a certain unit turns out to be defective. And in cases of
> design defects which are a health hazard to customers, the product
> is recalled and the customers possibly refunded.

Well, when you purchase a book, what kind of warranty do you get?  Same
with a software too!  :-D

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2003-12-20 14:17:08 annamalai.gurusami>

The World Social Forum is not an organisation, not a united front
platform, but "an open meeting place for reflective thinking,
democratic debate of ideas, formulation of proposals, free exchange of
experiences and inter-linking for effective action, by groups and
movements of civil society that are opposed to neo-liberalism and to
domination of the world by capital and any form of imperialism, and
are committed to building a society centred on the human person

                 http://www.wsfindia.org