[Fsf-friends]

Senthil_OR@Dell.com Senthil_OR@Dell.com
Tue Dec 23 04:35:49 IST 2003

> http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IER20031223001556&

I read this article and I am completely surprised.
Redhat comes in different versions; home-users and enterprise users.
For home-users,the last series was Redhat 9.0 and it has been stopped.
Fedora Project having the same rpms and srpms has taken over.

For RH9.0 and Fedora,I believe,any number of copies can be made and
distributed.
It is available for Free Download in the Redhat FTP itself.

But Enterprise Linux series. RH 2.1AS and RH3.1 EL come for a cost.
The cost is for some management packages and the support they provide
for
Enterprise customers.

The article is not giving the complete picture.

It is just giving a rough news and definitely not a good outlook to the
public.

-Senthil