[Fsf-friends] [serious]How to write the subject line in emails while posting messages

Suraj suraj@symonds.net
Mon Dec 15 07:09:57 IST 2003

Ramanraj K wrote on Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 07:34:10PM +0530:
,----
| http://www.atra-tr.org/netetiquette.htm  was helpful.   I deliberately
| cross-posted  the request  to ILUGC  also, to  measure  response rate!
| Suraj                            pointed                            to
| http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific But both
| links are generally useful but do not point specifically to answers on
| the subject raised.
`----

I *did*  notice your  cross-posting. Based on  the Context,  I ignored
your cross-post ;) Assuming that  the 'smark questions' would help you
learn more about it. :)

I posted ESR's smart question thinking that you would learn a lot more
things (since your subject sounded too newbieish :) )

cheers,

  -Suraj