[Fsf-friends] [serious]How to write the subject line in emails while posting messages

Ramanraj K ramanraj@md4.vsnl.net.in
Mon Dec 15 19:34:10 IST 2003

Hi Arky and Suraj,

http://www.atra-tr.org/netetiquette.htm was helpful.  I deliberately
cross-posted the request to ILUGC also, to measure response rate!  Suraj
pointed to http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific
But both links are generally useful but do not point specifically to
answers on the subject raised.

Now, please let me know if there is a serious page on this heavy subject
[pun unintended].
How does mailman do the threading? [just the plain logic without code]
 How to fork the threading?  Suppose I start a thread like "Is an
International Free Software Treaty Possible?", is it possible to return
to the thread even the next month? Can I view all posting on a single
thread alone? Please do not think I know and I am asking :-)  I am just
trying to reach the root of the subject matter!

Cheers!
K. Ramanraj.