[Fsf-friends] Re: Need help on how to respond to insecure CEOs

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Fri Dec 12 18:55:40 IST 2003

    Whenever I meet a director or CEO of a software company and talk to them about
    FSF and talk them into considering licensing their software with GPL, at
    first they listed but then the fear factor takes over.

1. Don't worry too much about what they think.  While their help
is welcome, we must never feel we desperately need it.

2. Show them the example of TrollTech and MySQL.

3. Say, "If your competitor distributes a version of this,
you will be able to use his improvements."

Don't expect to convince them all, or even the majority.