[Fsf-friends] Cerberus Helpdesk Public License: Version 1.0

Alexandre Dulaunoy alexandre.dulaunoy@ael.be
Thu Dec 11 20:29:50 IST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Rishi Gangoly wrote:

> Hi
>
> Would this software be considered "non-free"?
>
> http://cerberusweb.com/license.php

I  think so  on  some termination  part  and on  the  limitation on  a
specific part of  the software (GUI). You should ask  vendor to use at
least a  free software  license or at  best a free  license compatible
with the GNU FPL.

> I use this application in our office as a helpdesk / bugtracker in our office.
> Does anyone know of a 'free' equivalent? I don't mind paying for it, as long
> as it is free as in freedom.

RT is  an excellent tools for  helpdesk and bugtracking.  We are using
it. The software is released under the GNU GPL.

http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

Hope this helps,

adulau

--