[Fsf-friends] Help needed: Anyone from kotayam,kerala?

arun akumar@omnesysindia.com
Wed Aug 20 19:17:19 IST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arun M" <arun@gnu.org.in>
To: "arun" <akumar@omnesysindia.com>
Cc: <fsf-friends@mm.gnu.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Fsf-friends] Help needed: Anyone from kotayam,kerala?

> > Why not ? That is atleast far better than using totally propreitary
> > systems which does not come with any source at all right ?
>

> Not at all, issue is not the source code, but freedom of user.

We were speaking about including alternates to proprietary
OSes in the 8th grade school curriculums. In that context i
would say that actually teaching *some* practical and usable
GNU software would be a more practical option than making
political view points about Free vs OpenSource etc

GNU/Linux being the the most popular carrier of GNU licensed
and (all any other relaxed or freedom mode licensed) products
i dont see any other better alternatives too.

What did you have in mind ?

arun