[Fsf-friends] Re: Forming FSUGs in the country

Arko Provo Mukherjee arkoprovo@peacefulaction.org
13 Apr 2003 08:12:42 +0530

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 09:39, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> This can be resolved like this:  A group, either an FSUG or GLUG will
> pass a resolution in one of their meetings and announces on their web
> page that it is affiliated to FSF India and will act as a nodal active
> group for FSF.  Such groups will not encourage the promotion of
> non-free software under any free operating system, while promoting
> the use of free software anywhere.  Any such explicit promotion in
> either the meetings or mailing lists will make such a group disqualify
> being a group under the FSF India banner.
>
> GLUG Mumbai is meeting tomorrow, and this issue will be discussed.

Then we need to pin point a group in each city and send an official
letter to them requesting them to come under FSF-INDIA. The letter
should convey the points they have to follow if they join us.

But there will be places from where no response will come.
There we need to form the groups.
Do you agree?

Cheers
Arko