[Fsf-friends] Re: Forming FSUGs in the country

Arun M arun@gnu.org.in
12 Apr 2003 00:05:51 +0530

>  Are we then going to do form groups?
>
> We are not going against GLUG if we form FSUG. We can go hand in hand
> with them.
> If it is FSF, it should be FSUG.

As pointed out what we need is local activists groups. They can be GLUG,
FSUG what ever. Aslong as they are willing to follow the policy of FSF
India. Its better to start working.

> Moreover having FSUG in some places and GLUGS in some other places
> doesn't bring the user groups under one roof. So the first question to
> be answered is whether we want to create a set of User Groups directly
> under FSF which can run parallel to the existing LUG/GLUGs in the
> country.

If GLUGs are interested in joining FSF then there need not be another
group. To many groups wont be ideal.

Arun.