[Fsf-friends] And now the Kerala Electricity Board goes Microsoft

Raj Shekhar raj@plusthought.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:18:40 +0530

Suraj Kumar wrote:

> yes.  I had once written a letter to the editor of the Hindu about the
> importance of free software and the  role it can play in education. It
> came up. but to what  benefit?

Maybe a fullscale article would be nice. I am willing to work with you
on this. It has been on my mind for some time now. Can you forward me
the letter ?

> All of this means the politicians get to launder lesser money and that
> means smaller  scope for their corruption to  flourish.

I think we always keep underestimating the power of democracy. I am
currently working in Synapse, where we have Dr. Gurunandan Bhatt, who
was one of the first people to bring GNU/Linux to India. I came to knpw
from the people here that he used to go and meet government officers and
persuade them to see the light. This was so effective that people from
M$ came looking for him to Synapse :-).

--
Raj Shekhar
http://geocities.com/lunatech3007/