[Fsf-friends] And now the Kerala Electricity Board goes Microsoft

Raj Shekhar raj@plusthought.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:04:18 +0530

Suraj Kumar
 > We definitely have to act against this. What are we going to do?

Instead of crying soar on this list, we can write articles/letters to
various newspapers. The articles will have to be backed up with
considerable proof/charts & tables that will be hard to ignore.

And we will have to get them into mainstream press. Can you imagine a
Director in some ministry reading Slashdot or newsforge. The points that
we can point out in favor of Free Software

- We are free to make changes and hence customize it to our needs. We
can also audit the software for security flaws and errors.

- Less cost

- Generates employment (as the software needs maintainance, training and
modifaction)

- the money of the state/country remains inside the countryy and does
not go to foriegen countries

I would also like to respond to a quote from CkRaju (in a different
post). He said that

`
Someone advised me the other day, that spending time in learning to live
with such a condition, would be a much better option, than attempting to
challenge or change the views of the 'bureaucracy'.
'
Imagine if RMS had said that. Sometimes it just takes one man to make a
stand.
--
Raj Shekhar
http://geocities.com/lunatech/